Pints for a Purpose Donation Program: Call for Applications
Several years ago, we created a program where we donate a portion of sales from one of our specialty beers to a nonprofit selected by Standing Stone Brewing Co employees. It’s been well received and has benefited a lot of great causes.
To extend the benefits further, we’ve launched a freshly reformulated twist on this initiative, dubbed “Pints for A Purpose.” Instead of asking employees to nominate recipients, we’re inviting nonprofits whose work aligns with our mission – enhancing sustainability, local food, education and community – to apply.
Here’s how the program works: The nonprofit gets 25 cents for every pint sold for three weeks. We also hold a kickoff at our restaurant and brewery where we offer the opportunity for the organization to receive up to $1 per pint depending on the number of pints sold. Each recipient’s fundraising success depends on the their efforts to promote the program. We provide template promotional text and promote it though our blog, twitter, Facebook and at our restaurant. Of course, we emphasize responsible alcohol consumption in all communication, and require recipients to do the same.
Here are the guidelines:
- Recipients must be a registered 501c3 nonprofit
- The nonprofit’s work must align with our mission to enhance environmental sustainability, local food, education and/or community.
- Recipients must be locally based and benefit our community
- We are not able to fund individuals or sports teams
- We will not choose the same organization two years in a row to ensure we can benefit a wider range of relevant, worthy causes. Please apply only if you haven’t received funding from this program in the past year.
- Recipients must be able and willing to promote the program and attend the kickoff to support their fundraising success.
If your organization meets the program guidelines, we encourage you to apply by August 15th. You can find more details and an application online
A diverse employee team will review applications and we’ll let you know of our decision within eight weeks. We are unable to respond to calls or emails regarding your application status, but you’ll receive an email confirmation that your submission has been received.
Thanks for the work you do, and good luck!