New Ale on Tap: I Love Oregon
Midsummer is peak harvest season, with the bounty from local farms filling stores, Farmers Markets and our restaurant menu. To celebrate and create the perfect beer-food pairing, we’ve crafted I Love Oregon, a microbrew using exclusively Oregon-grown ingredients. This will join our standard lineup, giving customers the opportunity to savor Oregon’s goodness and support our state’s farmers every day.
Like any other food or beverage, great craft beer starts at the farm and can have a local/regional pedigree, too. Oregon is the number two hop producing state in the US, the birthplace of Cascade hops, home to many fields of barley and a powerhouse for craft beer production, making it the ideal place to localize your beer.
About I Love Oregon
I Love Oregon offers a medium body with a golden color from Klamath, OR two-row barley. Cascade hops from the Willamette Valley and Rogue Valley provide fresh, floral nuances. Mild bitterness allows the distinct, Cascadian citrus character to come through with a refreshing finish. 5.9% abv
We went for a lower bitterness level to give the hops’ aroma and flavor top billing. All Cascade hops were used at the end of the boil. Cascade hops from Alpha Beta Hops in Ashland, OR, were used to dry hop.
- Oregon Select 2-row (Copeland), Klamath Basin
- Bittering = Nugget, Willamette Valley
- Flavor/Aroma = Cascade, Willamette Valley
- Dry Hops = Cascade, Alpha Beta Hops, Ashland, OR
And, as always, we proudly use pure, delicious water from our own Ashland Watershed
I Love Oregon pairs well with menu items that match its strength and feature seasonal ingredients. Ask your server about seasonally-infused menu specials that would complement it as well. Many of these are easy to make at home and pair with a liter or growler to go.
- Oregonians consumed 2.7 million barrels of beer in 2010, 14% of which was made in Oregon
- Oregon is the second largest producer of craft beer in the US.
- Oregon has the 4th highest percentage of draft beer consumed in the US.
- Oregon has 95 brewing companies operating 124 brewing facilities in 52 cities