Celebration on Tap! American Craft Beer Week Returns, May 14-20
American Craft Beer Week is here! Each May, independent craft brewers and beer fans unite to honor and enjoy this wonderful beverage and all it brings to our communities.
Breweries across the nation take part in the festivities, and we’re doing our part to ensure Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley isn’t left out. To us, American Craft Beer Week is really about the community surrounding our brewers and brewpubs. We appreciate everyone in this community, and relish the chance to offer a little fun and special flavor as a way of saying thanks.
Here’s what’s on tap. Among the highlights: Mayor John Stromberg will read a Proclamation in support of the event, and we’ll tap a new specialty beer made entirely with ingredients from Oregon.
- Enjoy our new specialty beer made with 100% Oregon-grown ingredients (on tap from 5/16)
- Chef Eric Bell is designing menu specials to pair with various beers
- We’ll offer a special beer & cheese sampler plate
Daily Special Happenings
- Monday, May 14th, 6 PM: Brewery tour for women with Women Enjoying Beer. Sign up online
- Wednesday, May 16, 6 PM: Specialty beer tapping (100% Oregon-grown ingredients) and reading of Mayoral Proclamation by Ashland mayor, John Stromberg
- Thursday, May 17th, 6:30 PM: Guest beer tapping with Southern Oregon Brewing
- Friday, May 18th: Brewery tours at 4 PM, 5 PM and 6 PM
As we know, beer is much more than a simple libation. It’s the hub of conversation and community, and an economic engine that creates jobs, boosts allied supply and distribution industries, and supports communities. We’re proud to offer good jobs to more than 50 employees in our extended family, support local food producers and suppliers, and give back to our community, thanks to customer support. We also love how each day gives us the the opportunity to engage with friends and neighbors, while getting to know new folks and providing hospitality to travelers.
Craft beer contributes a lot to our state as well. According to the Oregon Brewers Guild, Oregon is the nation’s number two craft beer producer, with 139 breweries employing over 7,900 staff. It’s also the number two hop-growing state, with a crop value estimated at over $31 million in 2010. Southern Oregon’s brewing scene is quickly growing, and features several commercial brewers along with myriad brewpubs and taprooms.
We’re grateful and proud to be a part of this growing movement, and appreciate all those, near and far, who have helped it grow. Join us for American Craft Beer Week – it’s your party, too!
For more information on Standing Stone’s events visit our event calendar. If you’re not in the Rogue Valley and want to find events elsewhere, or if you’re looking for more information on American Craft Beer Week, see the ACBW website and calendar.